How-to Properly Warm Up for Any Workout
Before you dive into any workout routine, it’s essential to warm-up properly.
When you warm up the body, your heart rate increases, blood flows to your muscles, you prepare your lungs and also your mind for your workout. Plus, it will make you less likely to get injured.
Here’s a 5-10 minute warm-up to implement before your next workout:
Exercises to incorporate into your warm-up:
- Side shuffles. Bend deep into your knees.
- Butt kickers. Kick your glutes with your heels.
- High knees. Lift your knees as high as you can.
- Walking lunges. Keep your shoulders over hips, bend deep into your knees and engage your core.
- Jumping jacks.
- Finally burpees for a total body warm-up.
This tip is brought to you by Joe and Nicole Decker of Gut Check Fitness.