Aya Recruiters Shed Light on What it Means to Work Happy
At Aya Healthcare, our employees are extremely driven and work hard to accomplish their goals. But how do you find the perfect balance between going above and beyond and working happy? We sat down with a few of our rock star recruiters to discuss their thoughts on conquering stress while going the extra mile every day.
Kim B. (Director of Recruitment)
- I put a positive spin on stress. I make sure I finish my day with all tasks accomplished so I can leave work at work and home is my space to relax. Separating work from free time allows me to give 100% when I am in the office!
- I found a schedule that works for me. I am not a morning person, so I arrive at work later and stay late because that’s when I’m most productive. Aya gives me the flexibility to make breakfast, make coffee and check emails slowly from home. When I walk into work, I am ready to rock and roll!
- I build strong relationships with different departments so we can team up, collaborate and deliver amazing results together.
Chrystal F. (Sr. Recruiter IV)
- My focus with my co-workers and my travelers alike is to be fully present in each moment that I have with them. Not thinking about the outcome or what’s next on my to-do list. I believe that taking the intention to be in the moment is how you can make strong, lasting connections with people!
- Realizing the impact that I have as a recruiter. This is one of the biggest motivators for me every day when I wake up! Often, I reflect on how amazing it is that I get to guide travelers through their career path. As recruiters, we get to be such a huge part of our travelers’ lives and accomplishments.
- Challenge yourself and continue to learn. The way I do this is by staying on my toes with recruiting. I make sure I work with a variety of specialties and learn about new hospital systems and locations continuously.
Steve N. (Recruiter Team Manager)
- Work on a timeframe. Plan ahead and organize beforehand. Stay focused and give yourself a time limit for certain tasks, instead of getting distracted and working haphazardly for a longer period of time.
- De-stress throughout the day. I set aside time to go to our yoga, boot camp and meditation classes which helps to clear my mind, so I don’t feel overwhelmed at work. These classes are so convenient for our employees since they are on-site — no excuses!
- Tackle the most urgent things FIRST. Once you complete those tasks, they’re not in the back of your mind and slowing down your ability to get other things done.
You really can do it all! These guys have certainly set the bar high in terms of success and our employees look up to all three of them! Interested in working with amazing leaders like Kim, Chrystal and Steve? We’re hiring in cities across the country! Take a look at our current openings.